Monday, April 9, 2018

Photojournalism Week 2 - Humans of LB #2




Casey Hadley
"My dream job is to be a veterinarian someday but I just found out the US doesn't give felons their certificate so I have a fallback dream job, which is to open my own cross fit gym. I've always wanted to own my own business. It takes seven years to get something expunged from your record. That means I have hope. I can always go back to school if I want to. But that's why you always have a fallback. I think most people in my situation would say being felon [is the biggest struggle in their life], because when people hear that you're a felon, they don't look at you for the person you currently are. They look at you for what you did in your past and most people think you can never change. But it's not our past that defines us, it's how we utilize our past and our mistakes that makes us who we are."

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Plenty to See by the Sea

The Oregon Coast offers endless sights and experiences. Here's a few ideas that are practically in our own backyard. At a look out are...