Friday, June 8, 2018

Feature Writing Week 10

My three goals at the beginning of the term:

This term, I'd like to improve my interviewing skills because a good interview means a better story. I'd like to get better at coming up with good questions to ask people I'm interviewing because it would lead to a better story. I would also like to be better at managing my time and get the ball rolling on my stories sooner, rather than later.

I didn't do so hot when it came to achieving my goals this term due to unforeseen circumstances. I do feel like I improved slightly with asking good interview questions though. I learned to ask people how they got started in what they do, which can really give a lot of information just from that one question. I did not improve my time management skills whatsoever, but I feel like I stayed mostly on top of things during a trying time - better than I thought I would have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Plenty to See by the Sea

The Oregon Coast offers endless sights and experiences. Here's a few ideas that are practically in our own backyard. At a look out are...